University of Washington
2011 – 2014
DigiPen Institute of Technology
2009 – 2011
- Object oriented design
- Functional programming
- REST API design
- Unit & integration Testing
- MVC & MVVM
- CSS & HTML
Software Engineer, Trov — July 2013 – Present
- Remote software development team where developers write unit and integration tests.
- Worked on the back-end with C# & SQL to build an on demand insurance platform for consumer items.
- Worked on the front-end with React and Angular.js to build applications for managing claims and insuring items.
- Worked with Python to build a business intelligence system for sending information to partners while respecting legal PII concerns.
- Used Docker & Jenkins to build a continuous integration system Trov’s apps.
Assistant Researcher, UW Information School — Feb 2013 – Oct 2013
- Taught various UW masters’ students to use and contribute to the library.
Software Engineer Intern, PEAK6 Investments LP — Sept 2012 – May 2013
- Maintained legacy Java and Ruby on Rails stock trading apps.
Web Instructor and Engineer, UW IT — Feb 2012 – March 2013
- Taught modern web development standards to UW staff and students.
- Developed internal applications to manage courses and support tickets.
Software Engineering Intern, PopShops.com — June 2012 – Aug 2012
- Used Ruby and Java to scrape and normalize product information.
Software Engineering Intern, SmiteWorks — June 2011 – Aug 2011
- Built a C# app to import character data from competitors apps.
Open Source Portfolio
blocktube - Sharing a redundantly uploaded video - Code
Technologies Used: ES6 JS via Babel, React, Redux, Browserify, ESLint
dstruct - Data structures library for the client side web - Code
CheckOut - A C# app for managing a store inventory - Code
Technologies Used: C#, WebAPI