University of Washington
Seattle, WA — 2011 – August 2014
Majored in Informatics
DigiPen Institute of Technology
Seattle, WA — 2009 – 2011
Computer Science & Engineering
Sammamish High School
Bellevue, WA — 2007 – 2011
Languages & Technologies
- React & Redux
- C# & ASP.Net
- SQL (Postgres & MySQL)
- Python & Django
- C & C++
Knowledge & Skills
- Object oriented design
- JSON/XML REST APIs
- MVC & MVVM
- Unit & integration Testing
- Linux administration
- Domain-driven design
- Mobile Web Apps
Currently employed and not looking for opportunties.
Software Engineer - Trov
September 2014 – Present
- Part of a remote agile software development team
- Worked on the core C# ASP.NET WebAPI back-end that is used in the mobile apps.
- Worked on and led the design of several Angular.js apps.
- A test driven team where integration and unit tests are written for features.
Software Engineering Intern - Trov
July 2013 – March 2014
- Part of a remote software development team with Scrum and TDD style of development.
- Worked primarily on the front-end TypeScript Angular.js client, and on the back-end C# service when necessary.
- Wrote Karma Jasmine unit, Specflow C# integration, and Protractor Jasmine integration tests with every feature.
- Helped to integrate Karma, Jasmine, D3.js into main products.
Assistant Researcher - University of Washington Information School
February 2013 – October 2013
- Supported an independent study of 25 UW master’s students building applications with the library.
- Wrote unit tests using Karma and Jasmine, organized code with Require.js modules.
Software Engineering Intern - PEAK6 Investments LP
September 2012 – May 2013
- Focused on maintenance and performance optimizations in Java and Ruby on Rails for core web services.
- Identified problems from client complaints, bug reports, and performance bottlenecks.
- Designed a continuous integration system for the core Android app using Jenkins, Gradle, Capistrano, and Git.
Web Developer and Instructor - University of Washington Information Technology
February 2012 – March 2013
- Taught modern web development technologies to University of Washington staff and students.
- Developed internal instructional technology applications for iTeam staff using Python and Django.
- Engineering consultant for various internal University of Washington web applications.
Software Engineering Intern - PopShops.com
June 2012 – August 2012
- Developed web applications with Ruby on Rails and Java to crowd source e-commerce data refinement.
- Worked on a small team to develop data processing tools to detect naming errors in e-commerce data sets.
- Performed data analysis over large stets of e-commerce data for business insights.
Software Engineering Intern - SmiteWorks
June 2011 – August 2011
- Lead the design, testing, and implementation of applications in C++ and C#.
- Released two products to create and import content from third party data formats into the main product.
- Represented our company at the nationally renowned gaming convention, GenCon
Technologies Used: C#, C++, Windows Forms
References on request.
Open Source Portfolio
blocktube - Sharing a redundantly uploaded video - Code
Technologies Used: ES6 JS via Babel, React, Redux, Browserify, ESLint
dstruct - Data structures library for the client side web - Code
Tune Guessr - Music artist guessing game powered by YouTube - Code
YouShouldPlay - Video game recommendation engine - Code